Call for Action Dignified Menstruation Amid COVID-19
Posted By :
Nepal Government, Ministry of Women, Children and Senior Citizen and GSCDM, jointly called for action for dignified Menstruation amid COVID-19, Pandemic.
- Change the narrative on menstruation, from charity to human rights, from hygiene to dignity, from impure to purity, and from five days to a life course approach;
- Integrate menstruation with dignity into health, education and gender policies and strategies;
- Menstrual management supplies must be included in the list of essential supplies (like PPEs and other health supplies in COVID19) and other emergencies.
- Any stigma, taboo, restrictions or insensitive, discriminatory treatment linked to menstruators should be considered as a violation of human rights, form of Gender Based Violence and punishable by law.
- Menarche, semen Arche, the sexual reproductive system, safety, respect and responsibility must be considered essential elements of information and education including during lock down and post COVID 19. For details, click here: